As the Maintenance and Facility Manager, France at Mobile Water Solutions, you will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of both equipment and facilities. This role requires a strategic approach to ensure optimal functionality, safety, and efficiency of rental equipment and the physical premises. The Maintenance and Facility Manager will lead a team of maintenance technicians and collaborate with other departments to maintain a high standard of quality across all aspects of the rental business.
The Maintenance and Facility Manager reports to the European Maintenance Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description represents only the primary areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for all rental equipment.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify and address equipment issues promptly.
- Coordinate with vendors for specialized equipment maintenance and repairs.
Regeneration Station Maintenance:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program ensuring any downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify and address potential operational issues promptly.
- Coordinate with vendors for specialized equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Oversee the maintenance of buildings, offices, and storage facilities.
- Manage facility improvement projects, renovations, and repairs.
- Ensure compliance with safety and building codes.
- Monitor subcontractors on site activities and safety compliance.
- Lead and manage a team of maintenance and regeneration.
- Provide training and guidance to ensure the team is well-equipped to handle maintenance tasks effectively.
- Schedule and assign tasks to team members, ensuring a balanced workload.
- Ensure that all maintenance and facility activities comply with local safety regulations and company policies.
- Conduct regular safety training sessions for maintenance staff.
- Investigate and report any accidents or safety violations.
- Develop H&S plans for maintenance projects.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of spare parts and equipment components.
- Monitor stock levels and reorder supplies as necessary.
- Optimize inventory management processes to minimize downtime.
- Keep detailed records of equipment maintenance, facility repairs, and improvements.
- Generate reports on equipment and facility performance, maintenance costs, and downtime.
- Maintain documentation for compliance with regulatory standards.
On Call Management:
- Participate in the on-call Rota to support the business requirements.
- Performs other duties of similar nature and level as assigned.
Cost and Budget Management:
- Assist in the development of the maintenance and facility budget.
- Monitor and control maintenance-related and facility expenses to stay within budgetary constraints.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising safety and quality.
- Provide regular reports on cost performance and suggest improvements
Vendor and Supplier Relations:
- Manage relationships with external suppliers, service providers, and equipment
- Collaborate with procurement to negotiate contracts and service agreements to ensure
- cost-effectiveness and quality
- Collaborate with other departments, such as operations and logistics, to coordinate equipment availability and maintenance schedules.
- Communicate effectively with rental coordinators to address customer concerns and equipment availability.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or technical qualification in mechanical engineering, industrial maintenance, or a related field.
- Proven experience in equipment maintenance and facility management, preferably in the rental industry.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and safety standards
- Budget management and cost control experience
- A good level of English and French language to communicate effective and clear with both technical and non-technical personnel, including clients, team members, and supervisors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Excel, and Word) and Google Sheet
- Possess a valid French Driver’s License.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills
- Problem-Solving – Ability to identify and solve technical issues efficiently, often in high-pressure situations.
- Customer focus – A strong commitment to customer satisfaction, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with clients effectively.
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to work as part of the team and build strong working relationships with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Business Acumen – Understanding the business aspects of a rental business, including cost management, and customer relationship management.
- Decision making
- This role is based on site in Wissous and working 5 days a week.
- A willingness to travel frequently to different locations to support sales efforts as needed.
- We offer training and career development plans with competitive salary and benefits.