Delivering high-quality low-oxygen water for district heating in the Netherlands.
Our client is a key provider of demineralized water for the district heating system of a Dutch city, catering to the heating needs of 95,000 households and businesses. They are currently in the process of converting a former combined cycle power plant into a heat station ‘booster,’ facilitating the distribution of heat from an industrial area to the city’s district heating network.
of 60m³/h water
Mobile Water Solutions received a request from this district heating power generator in the Benelux region. They required a substantial 14,000 m³ of high-purity water completely devoid of dissolved oxygen to fill a heat storage facility within their Rotterdam plant. The water had to adhere to stringent Dutch district heating guidelines (DNV KEMA*) and European boiler water standards (VGB-R450L), specifying EGV<0.1 µS/cm and O2 < 20 ppb.
By harnessing the power of Mobile Water Solutions’ mobile degassing REMOX, mobile reverse osmosis MORO, and mobile ion exchange MODI technologies, we not only met but exceeded the client’s demanding specifications:
- REMOX 100C: Our mobile oxygen removal system effectively eliminated any oxygen from the de-ionized water, achieving <20 ppb O2.
- MORO 60T: Our mobile Reverse Osmosis trailer ensured >95% rejection of ions, purifying the town mains feed water.
- MODI 15000T: Our mobile De-Ionization trailer further reduced ion content, resulting in a remarkable conductivity of <0.1 µS/cm.
- A consistent supply of 60m³/h water with O2 levels maintained below 10ppb.
- The required volume was delivered, enabling the customer to meet its critical deadline for end-users.
- Quality assurance: MWS’ stringent process control guarantees the highest quality of deoxygenated water, meeting and surpassing industry standards.