The Process Monitoring Engineer is responsible for the monitoring of Mobile Water Solutions (MWS) installations operational at customer sites, providing feedback, advice, and optimization to both customers and the MWS team. The primary focus is on enhancing customer satisfaction, increasing uptime, improving performance, and reducing operational costs.
The Process Monitoring Engineer reports to the Technical Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description represents only the primary areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Utilize real-time control systems to monitor installed installations at customer premises.
- Analyze performance data and provide recommendations based on real-time and historical data.
- Advise customers and the MWS team to resolve malfunctions promptly.
- Conduct regular customer visits independently or with Field Service Engineers for malfunction resolution, knowledge expansion, and relationship building.
- Collaborate with the MWS team on monitoring observations.
- Work alongside the C&I engineer to use available instrumentation for live remote monitoring and normalised reporting.
Reporting and Recording:
- Generate customer reports encompassing performance, process observations, and advice.
- Provide comprehensive internal reports including feedback, improvement proposals, and leads.
- Prepare accurate and up-to-date reports for both external and internal customers.
- Record customer advice and observations in the online monitoring environment.
- Discuss reports and improvement proposals with customers.
- Oversee and report on the performance of multiyear mobilizations.
- Utilize trending sheets or data logs to normalize data for accurate evaluation.
Improvement and Optimization:
- Identify and initiate improvement points based on monitoring data.
- Continuously optimize and enhance the monitoring systems of MWS installations using real-time control systems.
- Identify and implement improvements based on monitoring data to increase system efficiency.
- Consult and collaborate with the AI and software team to incorporate innovations into the monitoring system.
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance and operations teams, particularly for chemical cleans.
- Validate the correct usage of chemicals and dosing rates on site.
- Be present in handover meetings to offer technical assistance and clarification.
- Participate and be the arbitrator in layout designs for large projects.
Customer Inquiries and Issues:
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries and issues related to MWS installations.
- Work collaboratively with the MWS team to address and resolve customer concerns.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through effective communication and problem resolution.
- Assist in the training of both new and existing assets when required.
- Notify operations personnel of issues and provide viable solutions for on-site assets.
- Attend problematic sites, evaluate concerns, and propose effective solutions.
Compliance and QHSE:
- Adhere to safety, health, environmental, and quality regulations set by the employer, stakeholders, and customers.
- Implement and maintain compliance protocols to ensure a secure and environmentally friendly work environment.
- Regularly review and update processes to meet evolving regulatory standards.
Documentation and Procedures:
- Write and update standard operating procedures to ensure clarity and adherence.
- Collaborate with the C&I engineer and operations managers to ensure correct implementation of processes and controls.
- Performs other duties of similar nature and level as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in process engineering or equivalent in experience
- Possess 1-3 years of relevant working experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with pertinent industry laws, standards, and regulations.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English at a professional level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Excel, and Word) and Google Sheet
- Acquainted with data management systems.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License to drive in the region.
- Analytical skill – Ability to assess and interpret data effectively in order to make informed decisions.
- Communication skill – Ability to convey complex ideas clearly and collaborate effectively within teams.
- Organizational skill – Ability to manage tasks, prioritize activities, and meet deadlines and demonstrate attention to detail and a structured approach to work.
- Initiative – Proactively takes initiative to identify and address challenges, shows a willingness to go beyond the defined role and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Quality-Oriented – A commitment to maintaining high standards of work and delivering quality outcomes.
- Adaptability – Flexibility in response to changing priorities and environments. Open to customization and adjustment to meet evolving requirements.
- Process-Oriented – Systematic approach to tasks. Focuses on efficiency, streamlining processes, and ensuring adherence to established procedures.
- This role is an office based in Doetinchem, the Netherlands
- A willingness to travel frequently to different customer locations as needed.
- We offer training and career development plans with competitive salary and benefits.