The Maintenance Engineer, Germany will play a crucial role in ensuring all assets are maintained within all service schedules requirements and all works are to be carried out within a timely, safe and professional manner to meeting and exceeding the customers expectations.
The Maintenance Engineer, Germany reports to the Maintenance & Regeneration Manager, Northern Europe.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description represents only the primary areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete the maintenance schedules and ensure the mobile fleet & regeneration station is in a state of readiness and in an operable condition.
- Check the fleet in and out and ensure that units are operable and ready for action.
- Assist in management of asset roadworthiness.
- Ensure that units kept at the depot are secure and in a fit condition for storage and freeze protected.
- Ensure that Mobile Water Services equipment and ancillaries is dispatched in a timely manner in the required condition.
- Ensure the compliance of all relevant paperwork including method statements and risk assessments.
- Ensure that the unit runs according to requirements for the duration of the hire.
- Support the field operations team to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Identify consumables and equipment required.
- Ensure that all procurement is run through the appropriate systems and maintain adequate stocks of essential spares and consumables.
Facility maintenance and operation
- Operate and maintain the resin regeneration facility, ensuring the consistent completion of the regeneration process with the required quality.
- Assist in developing systems and procedures for Mobile Water Services.
- Assist in providing adequate auditing, particularly of on-site activities.
- Follow the procedures as per scribed within the quality system.
Health & Safety
- Ensure all assets are kept in a safe condition, including fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Develop risk assessments for the deployment of mobile assets.
- Assist in ensuring that sub-contractors are H&S approved and operate according to plans.
Loading and Unloading Operations:
- Efficiently load and unload trucks, ensuring timely and accurate handling.
- Follow established procedures for safe and secure loading and unloading operations.
- Assist in preparing castings for “special” mobiles projects.
- Performs other duties of similar nature and level as assigned.
Education and experience
- Technical school diploma or equivalent mechanical and electrical work experience
- Proven experience in maintenance engineering, preferably in the field of water treatment or a related industry.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and electrical components.
- A good level of communication skills in German (minimum B1) and English with the ability to express information in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices to ensure a safe work environment.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License to drive in the region.
- Customer Focus – Dedication to understanding and meeting customer needs, ensuring high levels of satisfaction.
- Accountability – Demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability for tasks and projects.
- Professional Excellence – Continuous pursuit of excellence in technical and professional skills.
- Transparency – Foster open communication within the team and with stakeholders.
- Teamwork – Collaborate effectively with colleagues, promoting a positive and productive team environment.
- Safety Focus – commitment to maintaining high safety standards in all maintenance activities.
- Problem-Solving – Ability to identify and solve technical issues efficiently, often in high-pressure situations.
- Punctuality – Consistently adhere to schedules and timelines, ensuring timely completion of tasks, reports, and projects.
- Attention to Detail – accurate approach to documentation and maintenance procedures.
- This role is a 90% depot based at Heinsberg, Germany.
- 10% traveling to different customer’s locations to support as needed.
- We offer training and career development plans with competitive salary and benefits.