The Field Service Engineer, Spain & Portugal ensures that customers can use Mobile Water Solutions – rental equipment safely and efficiently to support an optimal performance. Activities include technical support installation, commissioning and maintenance services for mobile water treatment equipment that is rented out to customers. The Field Service Engineer plays a crucial role in maintaining customer satisfaction and fostering positive relationships with clients and rental companies.
The Field Service Engineer reports to the Operations Manager, Southern Europe (Italy, Spain, and Portugal).
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description represents only the primary areas of responsibility; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Installation: Setting up and installing equipment at the customer’s location, ensuring it functions correctly and safely.
- Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance and inspections to ensure that the equipment remains in good working condition during the rental period.
- Repairs: Troubleshooting and repairing equipment if it breaks down or experiences technical issues during the rental period.
- Customer Support: Providing technical support and guidance to customers regarding the proper use and maintenance of the equipment. Interact with customers to understand their equipment needs, provide guidance on equipment operation, and address any issues or concerns. Deliver excellent customer service and build strong relationships.
- Documentation: Maintaining detailed records of equipment maintenance and repairs, including service reports, parts replacements, and work performed.
- Safety Compliance: Ensuring that the equipment meets safety and regulatory standards and addressing any compliance issues.
- Training: In some cases, offering training to customers or rental staff on the proper operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Inventory Management: Monitoring the inventory of rental equipment, ordering spare parts when needed, and coordinating with suppliers.
- Troubleshooting: Diagnosing and resolving technical problems efficiently to minimize downtime for customers.
- Reporting: Providing feedback to rental companies about the performance and condition of equipment, as well as suggestions for improvements or replacements.
- Performs other duties of similar nature and level as assigned.
Education and experience
- Formación Profesional (F.P.)/ Vocational Diploma in Engineering or equivalent mechanical and electrical work experience
- Proven work experience as Field Service Engineer (in the water industry) or a similar role (e.g., equipment maintenance, repair, or a related field)
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices to ensure a safe work environment.
- A good level of English language to communicate effective and clear with both technical and non-technical personnel, including clients, team members, and supervisors.
- A good level of Spanish language. Portuguese language knowledges are an advantage.
- Knowledge of Google Application Suite and/or Microsoft Office software packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and diagnostic tools used in equipment servicing.
- Capability to work across cultures, borders, and different methods of executing business within an international team.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License to drive in the region.
- Problem-Solving – Ability to identify and solve technical issues efficiently, often in high-pressure situations.
- Remote Trouble Shooting – The ability to troubleshoot and provide support remotely, either through phone or digital communication, when on-site visits are not feasible.
- Customer focus – A strong commitment to customer satisfaction, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with clients effectively.
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to work independently and as part of the team and building strong working relationships with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Adaptability – flexible and able to change work environments and different types of machinery and equipment.
- Documentation – properly documenting service calls, maintenance activities and equipment status for record keeping and reporting.
- Business Acumen – Understanding the business aspects of field service, including cost management, warranty processes, and customer relationship management.
- Physical Fitness – Ability to drive and work in various physically demanding environments (weather conditions, 24/7 duties)
- The role is depot (in Madrid) and field based with frequent traveling to different customer’s locations to support sales efforts as needed.
- We offer training and career development plans with competitive salary and benefits plus overtime and call out payments. Company vehicle and Fuel Card are provided for business purpose.