Leading engineering company commissions new power plant extension
Our client ranks among the world’s foremost engineering and construction groups, specializing in providing EPC and EPCM services across diverse industry sectors such as oil and gas, environmental solutions, water management, infrastructure development, and power generation. Their latest project involved the commissioning of a new power plant extension in Poland.
Mobile Water Solutions received a request to supply an 800 MW extra high-pressure boiler for the plant extension. The contract encompassed full-service provision and the supply of a mobile plant. Notably, our team faced two significant challenges in terms of water pre-treatment due to the proximity of a nearby lake to the coal boiler plant:
- Seasonal Variation: Coping with seasonal factors like summer bacteria growth, high solids content, and elevated iron levels in the raw water supply at the scheduled commissioning date.
- Flow Capacity: Handling a high net flow capacity, initially at 120 m³/h and later increasing to 175 m³/h during the project’s early stages.
Mobile Water Solutions offered a comprehensive solution to address these challenges effectively:
- Media Filtration: We implemented skid-mounted vessels designed to remove solids, bacteria, and iron from the water source.
- MORO 60T: We deployed a mobile Reverse Osmosis trailer, achieving over 95% ion rejection from the town’s mains water feed.
- MODI 15000T: Our mobile Deionisation trailer was employed to further reduce ion content, achieving a remarkable conductivity level of less than 0.1 µS/cm.
Our efforts resulted in several key advantages for our client:
- Successful delivery, connection, and commissioning of a Reverse Osmosis trailer, preceding the installation of a mobile Deionisation trailer, which now consistently produces 120 m³/h of demineralized water with a conductivity level of 0.1 µS/cm.
- Highly trained technical staff with specialized expertise in managing industrial chemical environments.